Dum Aloo Banarasi
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 378 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 176815 times
Dum means cooking in steam. Dum cooking brings the oil or ghee, used for the preparation, to the top of the dish thus improving its appearance. This Dum Aloo preparation uses baby potatoes which are easier to cook. You may however, use medium sized potatoes, each cut into 2, if you do not find baby potatoes.
- Wash and dry the baby potatoes. Pierce each potato all around with a fork and deep fry in hot oil, with the skin on, till the potatoes are cooked.
- Drain on absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Combine all the ingredients together and simmer over a medium flame till the tomatoes are cooked.
- Cool the mixture and purée in a blender to make a smooth paste.
- Heat the butter and oil in a pan, add the cardamom and gravy paste and allow it to come to a boil. Simmer till the oil separates form the gravy.
- Add the potatoes, kasuri methi, honey and salt and simmer for some more time.
- Add the cream and coriander and serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.