by Tarla Dalal
Added to 302 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 54682 times
Name your preference and you will find it in this luscious Lahori Aloo. If you like your foods tangy, worry not, there is sufficient tomato pulp to meet your needs. If spices are your friends, then there are enough in the masala, and if richness is what you seek, the use of khus-khus and dry coconut in the masala and milk in the gravy are sure to satisfy your palate. In short, this luscious preparation of potatoes in an intensely-flavoured gravy is sure to please everybody you serve it to.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the potatoes and salt, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai, add the onions, bayleaves and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the ginger-garlic paste, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the prepared paste, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the salt, tomato pulp, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the cooked potatoes and milk, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||467.9 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1.3 mg|
|Vitamin C||33.8 mg|
|Folic Acid||37.2 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.