Baked Methi Puris
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 578 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 41486 times
Minimal usage of oil makes this recipe enjoyable to eat without the guilt of indulging in the original fried version of puris. These baked puris moreover provide for iron and calcium in your diet. These also make a great snack in your first trimester and can easily find place in a low calorie diabetic menu as well.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and knead into a stiff dough using enough water. Keep aside for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 20 equal portions and roll out each portion into a circle of about 75 mm. (3") diameter.
- Grease a baking tray using oil, place 6 to 8 puris at a time on it and prick all over using a fork.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°c (360°f) for 15 to 20 minutes or till the puris are golden brown, turning them once in between.
- Repeat with the remaining dough to make more puris in 2 more batches.
- Cool and store in an air-tight container.
Nutrient values per puri
|Energy|| 24 kcal|
|Protein|| 0.7 gm|
|Carbohydrate|| 3.8 gm|
|Fat|| 0.7 gm|
|Fibre|| 0.5 gm|
|Vitamin A|| 23.6 mcg|
|Iron|| 0.3 mg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.