by Tarla Dalal
Added to 1827 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 281604 times
Achari paneer is an aromatic accompaniment, which imbibes its flavour from a mixture of seeds used in the seasoning. A simple mixture of curds, flour and a few spice powders forms the base of this delectable cottage cheese preparation.
- Mix the fennel seeds, mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds, nigella seeds, cumin seeds and asafoetida in a small bowl.
- Heat the oil and add the seed mixture.
- When they crackle, add the onion and saute till it turns translucent.
- Add the paneer, turmeric, chilli powder, black salt and stir for some time.
- Add the curds, sprinkle the plain flour and mix well.
- Add the coriander and salt and bring to a boil.
- Serve hot with rice or rotis.
- If it is sour, add 1 tsp of milk and serve.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.