Roasted Tomato and Capsicum Fondue
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 43 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 22898 times
The delectable flavour of flame-roasted tomato and capsicum makes this a unique dip, which all your guests are sure to woo. Serve this with Brun pav pieces and be prepared to take a million calls from your guests the day after the party, asking for the recipe!
- Pierce a fork through the tomato, brush a little oil evenly over it and roast on a slow flame till it turns black in colour from all the sides.
- Immerse the tomato in cold water, remove the skin, stem and seeds and roughly chop them.
- Repeat steps 1 and 2 for the capsicum also.
- Combine the roasted and chopped tomatoes and capsicum and blend in a mixer to a smooth purée. Keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions and garlic and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the prepared tomato-capsicum purée, cheese, milk, fresh cream, chilli flakes, mixed herbs and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Serve immediately with brun pav pieces.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per tbsp
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.