Paneer Pakoda Video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 4849 times
While traveling across the Punjab one comes across the one of the most delicious yet simple snack. . . The pakoda. Pakodas can be made from nearly any vegetable be it spinach, onions, cauliflower, potatoes and even chilies by dipping them in a seasoned batter of besan and then deep-frying. Pakodas taste best when eaten piping hot. Paneer makes great pakodas that melt in your mouth. Chutney is the perfect accompaniment to this wonderful snack that is sure to leave you, your family and guests licking their fingertips. A perfect choice for a High Tea Party . Serve along with crunchies like Herbed Sticks , Jowar Til Nimki , Soya and Til Crispies or Baked Chaklis .
Recipe Description for Paneer Pakoda, Punjabi Paneer Pakora Recipe
Makes 4 servings
- Combine all the ingredients along with ½ cup of water in a deep bowl and mix well. Keep aside.
- Combine the paneer and the prepared dry masala powder in a deep bowl and toss gently.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick kadhai, dip each masala paneer cubes in the batter, a few at a time and deep-fry on a medium flame till golden brown in colour from all the sides.
- Drain on an absorbent paper.
- Serve immediately with green chutney and tomato ketchup.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.