Paneer Kulcha Video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 495 times
Kulcha is a traditional preparation made with plain flour and curds. The curds add a yummy tanginess to the kulcha. Here the kulcha has been stuffed with a rich and spicy paneer filling. It is advisable to keep the dough aside covered with a wet muslin cloth for at least 2 hours to allow it to rise. This will make your kulchas fluffier.These kulchas are excellent and satiating as a one dish meal . Raitas and Chutneys make an excellent match for these kulchas. When had with a bowl of Dal Amritsari or Panchmel Dal it gives you the satisfaction of having had a wholesome and tasty meal.
Recipe Description for Paneer Kulcha, Paneer Kulcha Made with Dahi, Curd
- Sieve the flour and salt together in bowl.
- Add the curds, mix well and knead into a soft, smooth dough using enough warm water.
- Cover with a wet muslin cloth and keep aside for 2 to 3 hours.
- Divide the mixture into 10 equal portions and keep aside.
- Divide the dough into 10 equal portions and roll out one portion of the dough into a small circle using some flour for rolling.
- Place one portion of the stuffing in the centre of the circle. Bring together all the sides in the centre and seal tightly.
- Roll out again into a circle of 75 mm. (3") in diameter, using a little flour for dusting.
- Brush the kulcha lightly with ghee and cook on a hot tava (griddle) on both sides until light brown spots appear on both the sides.
- Repeat with the remaining portions to make 9 more kulchas.
- Brush with a little ghee and serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.