Last Updated : Aug 30,2018
Viewed 16624 times
Salted biscuit is a large diameter biscuit that has a crumbly texture and a salty flavour, which is quite tempting to people of all age groups. It goes well with tea and coffee, and can be used as a canapé too.
How to Select
• There are several brands of salted biscuits available in the market including Parle’s Monaco and Britannia’s Time Pass.
• The biscuits are available in many pack sizes – so choose what is convenient for you.
• Check the seal of the package, and the manufacturing and expiry dates, before purchasing.
• Feel the pack to ensure that the biscuits are not broken inside.
• It tastes delicious either plain or with toppings of your choice - cottage cheese, steamed vegetables, spices, cheese dips, mayonnaise or jam.
• Some people enjoy salted biscuits along with tea or coffee.
How to Store
• Once opened, store it in airtight container at room temperature.
• Avoid air or moisture exposure as it might lose its crispiness and could become sticky too.
• Once opened, it will stay good for 2 to 3 weeks
• Salted biscuits are high in refined carb sugars and salt, which means they can cause a rapid rise in blood-pressure levels.
• Moderate intake is fine but excess will harm.
• Obese and hypertensive people should avoid these biscuits. Also, people having water retention should be alert when consuming salted biscuits.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.