· The puff pastry roll is used to prepare crispy puff pastries. You can cut pastry with a sharp utensil such as a knife, pizza wheel or pastry tool. For decorative edges or shapes, use a fluted ravioli cutter or cookie cutters and fill the pastries with your choice of sweet or savory fillings
· The most common filling are fruits, jams, chocolate cream or vegetables.
· To turn pastries a deep golden-brown, brush tops with a mixture of 1 egg yolk and 1 teaspoon water just before baking. To add a special texture and flavor, sprinkle chopped nuts, seeds, ground spices or grated cheese on top.
· For extra-thin, crisp puff pastry, set a second baking sheet on top of the filled pastry before baking. A lattice pattern can be created by topping the pastry with a metal cooling rack, then turning it at a right angle half way through the baking
· For variety, stir fresh or frozen (thawed and drained) blueberries, finely chopped apples, thinly sliced bananas, mini- chocolate chips or nuts as filling.
· For flavorful toppings, try sliced strawberries, raspberries, blueberries or bananas with whipped cream or a little powdered sugar sprinkled on top.
How to store puff pastry roll
The ready to use pasty roll should be stored in an airtight container. To freeze home made pastry dough or rolls, cool and wrap them in aluminium foil or place them in a freezer bag for up to a month. To reheat, place them in single layer on baking sheet, cover with foil and heat at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes.
Health benefits of puff pastry roll
· Puff Pastry roll provides a quick source of carbohydrate thus keeping hunger away.
· Choose the healthier alternatives like fresh fruits or green vegetables as filling or topping on pastry rolls for a tasty and healthy breakfast or snack item.