oreo pie crust
Last Updated : Oct 05,2017
Viewed 5974 times
Oreo pie crust is ready-to-use pie crust manufactured by Kraft Foods. You can add your choice of pie fillings, and perhaps a garnish of leftover crumbs or other toppings.
Oreo pie crust can also be prepared at home using the following procedure:
• Combine Oreo cookie crumbs with melted butter in a bowl.
• Pour the mixture into a 9-inch pie pan and press into the bottom and up the sides evenly.
• Smooth the surface with the back of a spoon.
• Refrigerate the chocolate pie crust for at least an hour.
How to select
• You can buy readymade Oreo pie crust or make your own.
• If buying from a store, check the pack seal and the manufacturing and expiry dates.
• Oreo pie crust is used to prepare pies.
• The pie crusts can also be topped with any praline, almond paste or chocolate before it is baked or sliced to admit sweet or savoury fillings.
• The warm pies may be filled with ham and cheese or feta cheese and spinach.
• Oreo pies are commonly served alongside coffee as a snack or breakfast.
• Oreo pie crusts can be used to make puddings, truffles, cakes, etc. Decorate the top with whipped cream and cookie crumbs, and it’s ready to serve.
How to store
The pie crust should be refrigerated and used within a week.
• Oreo pie crusts are a quick source of carbohydrate,helping keep hunger at bay.
• You could fill the pies with fruits and other healthy ingredients to boost the nutrition quotient a bit.
• Since these crusts are high in sugar and fat content, have them in limited amounts only.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.