Last Updated : Jan 05,2018
Viewed 5988 times
Italian dressing is a vinaigrette-type salad dressing consisting of a mixture of water, oil, vinegar or lemon juice, pepper, minced onions and bell peppers, often sugar, or high fructose corn syrup, and a variety of herbs and spices including garlic, oregano, fennel, salt and dill. It is often bought bottled or prepared by mixing oil and vinegar with a packaged flavoring mix consisting of dehydrated vegetables and herbs.
How to select
Always check the expiry date and look out for any discoloration or gas formation (bubbles) in the bottle, especially near the tip. Italian dressing mix or powder is also available in the market which just needs to be mixed with vinegar and olive oil to get an instant Italian dressing.
· The primary culinary use of Italian dressings is as a salad dressing.
· The dressing may be added to beans, vegetables or meats to give a characteristic Italian flavour to the preparations.
· Italian dressings can be used to marinade chicken and as a dip with nachos, tacos, tortillas and stir fry vegetables.
· Add Italian dressings to lettuce, cucumbers and tomatoes and place the mixture between the breads
How to store
Store the Italian dressings in the fridge and add a teaspoon to your next dish for its delectable taste.
· The Italian dressing is usually high in calories and sodium content.
· The Italian dressings is rich in heart friendly olive oil.
· And since its creamy, tangy taste enhances food so uniquely, it can easily replace fattier condiment options such as mayonnaise, butters and sugary ketchups.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.