· Hoisin sauce is soy-based sauce, regularly used in Chinese dishes, as well as stir-fry recipes.
· Because the flavor can be overpowering, particularly if you're new to Asian cuisine, it's recommended that you use only a bit at a time to experiment with the flavor. Or, dilute the flavor by adding water or oil to the paste before using in a recipe
· Hoisin sauces usually come as a thick paste, and are used either as a dipping sauce or in stir frying
· Marinating the chicken with hoisin sauce and then grilling on a barbeque is fantastic.
· Hoisin sauce is a common ingredient in preparation like Thai style stir fry, Chicken Hoisin, grilled tofu with hoisin sauce, sweet and sour tempeh, Chinese noodles, Chinese Fried rice, soups, stews,etc.
· Pour hoisin sauce over steamed vegetables for a beautiful combination of colour and flavour.
How to store hoisin sauce, Chinese barbeque sauce
An unopened jar of hoisin sauce can be kept in a food storage cabinet for quite a while. Every jar should, however, contain a "best if used by" date stamp. An opened jar can remain good for an extended period of time if it is sealed and stored in a properly cooled refrigerator.