cheddar cheese crackers
Last Updated : Jan 22,2018
Viewed 4227 times
Cheddar Cheese Cracker is a type of biscuit that is prepared with cheddar cheese. The term ‘cracker’ is generally associated with flat biscuits with a savoury, salty flavour, quite contrary to what a cookie looks or tastes.
Cheddar cheese crackers are made by layering dough with cheddar cheese, salt and spices. These crackers are crispy and have a strong cheddar cheese flavour. The holes in the crackers are called ‘docking’ holes and are placed in the dough to stop air pockets from forming in the cracker while baking.
At home, the crackers can be prepared by first creaming together the butter and cheese. The flour, salt and pepper are gradually added, until well blended. The dough is kneaded until smooth, rolled into a long log and chilled in the refrigerator. The dough is then sliced thin and placed on a cookie sheet. The crackers are baked at 350 degree Fahrenheit for 8-10 minutes or until they begin to turn golden. The salty taste and cheesy flavour is crafted in such a delicate and delicious balance that you can have Cheddar cheese crackers anytime with anything.
There are several by-products of Cheddar Cheese Crackers:
• Crushed Cheddar Cheese Crackers: The crackers are crushed either with hand or by placing them in a cloth and pounding them with a hammer for a few seconds. The latter procedure tends to impart a finer crushed product than the former.
• Powdered Cheddar Cheese Crackers: You may powder the biscuits in a dry grinder or by placing them between a cloth or plastic sheet and pounding them with a hammer. They may be powdered fine or coarsely as per the recipe requirements.
How to select
Check the brand and the expiry date before buying.
• Cheese crackers are usually enjoyed as a snack with a cold or hot beverage
• Cheese crackers serve as excellent canapé (a small finger food with tasty toppings) with any topping of your choice. For example, cheese, cottage cheese, cucumber, sprouts, boiled eggs etc.
• Cheese crackers can be enjoyed with soups
• They can also act as the base for pies and puddings.
How to store
• The crackers should be stored in an airtight container.
• Do not store them with strongly-flavoured biscuits like pineapple or orange cream. These flavours will overpower the subtler taste of cheese crackers.
• Cheese crackers are a quick source of carbohydrate and proteins, thus keeping hunger away.
• The crackers, made with whole wheat or oats are a rich source of B-complex vitamins and dietary fibre.
• Since these biscuits are high in sodium and fat content, have them in limited amounts only.
· Since these biscuits are high in sodium and fat content, have them in limited amounts only.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.