Crushed bourbon biscuit
Take 7-8 bourbon biscuits and remove the cream from the bourbon biscuits. Place them on a chopping board, take a rolling pin and roll it over the biscuits a couple of times till they are coarsely crushed. Alternatively put the biscuits in a mixer and blend for 1 to 2 seconds to get a coarse mixture.
How to select bourbon biscuit, chocolate cream biscuit
• Choose a good brand.
• Check the packaging, dates of manufacturing and expiry.
• Ensure that the biscuit pieces are firm to touch when you hold the packet in your hand.
• Do not buy biscuits which are broken.
Culinary Uses of bourbon biscuit, chocolate cream biscuit
• Bourbon biscuits are heavenly all by themselves – a brilliant tea time snack, or an anytime treat to beat hunger pangs!
• Crushed Bourbon biscuits may be used in various recipes.
• You could crush Bourbon biscuits using a rolling pin, mix with butter and use as a base for cheesecakes.
• Coarsely crushed Bourbon biscuits may also be used to garnish ice creams, frozen yoghurt, etc.
• Alternatively, you can finely crush Bourbon biscuits and use as a garnish for mousses, soufflés, cheesecakes etc.
How to store bourbon biscuit, chocolate cream biscuit
• Store in a cool and dry place away from moisture and humidity.
• Once opened, store in airtight containers since opened biscuits tend to become soft when exposed to moisture.