How many calories does one Roti with oil have?
One roti (phulka, chapati)with oil has 80 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 45 calories, proteins account for 8 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 27 calories. One roti with oil provides about 4 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
See roti (phulka, chapati)with oil recipe. Nothing's more annoying that hard, chewy rotis. Now make soft, delectable rotis for dinner and watch your loved ones devour them with joy. Its simple to make, and an extremely satisfying meal. Go for it!
Is Roti, Phulka healthy?
4 Reasons to eat Whole Wheat Roti.
Whole wheat roti is a staple in every Indian meal and had with dal, sabzi and achar. The main component of Whole Wheat Roti is whole wheat flour. See detailed benefits of whole wheat flour.
1. Being low in calories these rotis are good for persons on low calorie diet and weight-watchers.
2. Whole wheat rotis are excellent for diabetics as they will not shoot up your blood sugar levles as they are a low GI food.
3. An excellent Antioxidant that whole wheat flour has is Vitamin B1, which will fight against free radicals that do damage to the body.
4. We have used 1.5 tablespoons of oil while kneading the dough for 8 servings of roti. Smearing ghee will only take about 1 gram of ghee per roti. Yes, ghee does contain cholesterol, but some amount of cholesterol is needed by the body. Cholesterol has some functions to play too. It is necessary for hormone production, brain function, cell health and lubricating the joints. It is, in reality, a high quality fat for the body and brain. Ghee is loaded with fats but that’s medium chain fatty acids (MCT) which aid in weight loss. Ghee is healthy for daibetics in small amounts and you need to check your fat intake at the same time. Learn to easily make your ghee at home which is free of preservatives. See benefits of ghee.
You can also prepare these rotis without adding oil while kneading if you're on a low-fat diet and need to cut down on extra fat intake.
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have roti ?
Yes, this recipe is good for diabetics, heart and weight loss. Whole wheat flour is excellent for diabetics as they will not shoot up your blood sugar levels as they are a low GI food and also great for weight loss. You can have the roti without oil if you want to cut the fat level in your meal.
Can healthy individuals have roti?
Yes, this is healthy. Yes, Roti is healthy as its made from whole wheat flour – good for one and all. Whole wheat flour is excellent for diabetics as they will not shoot up your blood sugar levels as they are a low GI food when compared to refined flour (maida). Whole wheat flour is rich in Phosphorus which is a major mineral which works closely with calcium to build our bones. Moreover wheat flour definitely has more fiber than maida. With 2 g of fiber per roti, these are a more wholesome option to serve for diabetics and those with heart diseases. Limit its intake to 2 per meal, as nothing in excess is god for health. Hypertensives too can enjoy these rotis, provided they avoid adding that salt while kneading the dough. With a smear of ghee, these can be served to kids as well. Small quantities of ghee are necessary to lubricate the joints in the body and provide nourishment to their developing brain cells.
What to have roti with?
Combine roti with super healthy dal recipes like palak toovar dal, khatta urad dal recipe, suva masoor dal recipe, hariyali dal recipe and healthy kadhi recipe or Radish Koftas in Kadhi recipe to make a healthy combination. Note that when you combine any dal with any cereal like bajra, jowar, ragi, buckwheat, barley or whole wheat to enhance the protein value.
Healthy Kadhi, Low Fat Kadhi Recipe
Pair your whole wheat roti with some healthy subzis to make healthful meal. Here are some very healthy sabzis like dahi bhindi ki sabzi recipe, mooli ki sabzi recipe, bhindi masala recipe.
Dahi Bhindi ki Subji
Enjoy this roti and not worry about putting on weight. Stay lean and happy.
Roti is good for
1. Healthy Recipes Lifestyle
2. Healthy heart rotis
3. Diabetics with heart issues
4. Diabetic rotis
5. High fibre to lower cholesterol
6. Low cholesterol rotis
7. High fibre for kids
Roti article you will like:
Is bajra roti or whole wheat roti healthier.
How to burn 80 calories that come from roti (phulka, chapati) with oil?
Walking (6 kmph) = 27 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 9 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 12 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 15 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.