How many calories does one slice of Date and Walnut Cake have?
One slice of Date and Walnut Cake gives 328 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 139 calories, proteins account for 24 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 166 calories. One slice of Date and Walnut Cake provides about 16 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
3 main ingredients of Date and Walnut Cake which are issues
1. Plain flour or maida which is a refined ingredient and not good for health. Healthy eating should aim at avoiding these ingredients completely from your diet and sadly cake uses a lot of it.
2. Condensed Milk : Condensed milk is sweetened full fat milk which is thickend. Its a refined carb which has zero nutritional value and leads to weight gain and inflammation of the body from many hours after consumption. Even worse, it creates a cycle of you feeling hungry again in a very short time. So you will keep eating!
3. Butter : Butter will increase the fat level signifacntly and not good for weight loss or diabetics.
Whats good in the cake?
1. Walnuts : Great source of protein and great for the heart. Read health benefits of walnuts for full details.
2. Dates : Dates is a far healthier sweetner than sugar in the cake.
Can i eat Date and Walnut Cake occasionally ?
The fact is that this cake is unhealthy as its made of refined ingredients and not suitable for daibetics and healthy life style. You can eat one slice of cake as a cheat meal. thats it.
This Date and Walnut Cake is a healthier option than Rich Chocolate Sponge Cake Using Eggs (418 calories per slice) as it has lower fat levels and walnuts, dates in them.