How many calories does one serving of chai ka masala | chai powder | tea masala | have?
One serving of chai ka masala | chai powder | tea masala | gives almost 0 calories. The reason is that it's made of all spices which have very little calories.
See chai ka masala recipe | chai powder | tea masala | Indian masala tea powder | with 13 amazing images
chai ka masala is made by dry roasting cloves, cardamoms, kalimirch and cinnamon in a non stick pan for 1 minute. Cool, transfer to a mixer and then add dry ginger powder and nutmeg. Blend to a smooth powder and your homemade chai ka masala is ready.
chai ka masala is a simple and easy tea masala to make at home in 7 minutes. All ingredients to make the tea masala is available in any Indian kitchen.
A dash of spices always makes chai a lot more interesting, especially on cold winter days and wet monsoon ones! The chai ka masala is the secret behind making the perfect Masala Chai, and here we show you how to make this magic ingredient.
Is chai ka masala healthy ?
Yes, let's see why.
1. Benefits of Cardamom, Elaichi : Cardamom has essential oil which is known to be effective is killing bacteria. This antimicrobial power of cardamom helps in relieving some stomach problems like stomachache, cramps, flatulence etc. The sweet yet strong aroma of cardamom makes it perfect to control Halitosis (bad breath). The mineral manganese in cardamom may help in the lower blood sugar levels and good for diabetics. See detailed benefits of cardamom.
2. Benefits of Cloves, laung, lavang : India's traditional Ayurvedic healers since ancient times cloves as a whole have been used to treat digestive ailments and its oil for toothache. In either form its active compound ‘eugenol’ is the main highlight which has been shown to act as an antioxidant. It has the ability to kill micro-organisms like the bacteria and help overcome cold and cough. When boiled with water and gargled, cloves are a good antibacterial mouthwash, which can help to combat bad breath and relieve a sore throat. Clove Tea is known to be one of the most common home remedy to relieve congestion. Clove oil applied on head is known to relieve headache is some people. A few drops of clove oil applied on acne may help to treat it.
3. Health Benefits of dried ginger powder (sonth)
• Dried ginger powder is an effective cure for indigestion, sore throat, cold and cough.
• It is used to treat nausea.
• Ginger's therapeutic properties help stimulate blood circulation, cleanse the bowels and kidneys, remove toxins from the body and nourish the skin.
4. Benefits of Nutmeg, Jaiphal : Many studies in the past have shown nutmeg as an effective measure to treat insomnia. Nutmeg with milk had just before bed time induces sleep. However it is not advisable to form a habit of consuming nutmeg on a daily basis. Please consult your doctor before dioing so. Nutmeg oil has the power to dismiss pain when rubbed on inflamed area especially in case of inflammatory diseases like arthritis. Its high fiber is the main nutrient here. It promotes digestion by helping in easy bowel movements. See detailed health benefits of nutmeg, jaiphal.
5. Benefits of Cinnamon, dalchini, cinnamon powder : Cinnamon with its antioxidant power has the ability to reduce inflammation in the body and thus reduce the risk of various chronic diseases like heart disease, diabetes, cancer etc. Cinnamon since ages has been known to be beneficial for diabetics. Diabetes is a disease which occurs due to insulin resistance. Intake of cinnamon is said to reduce this resistance and instead improve insulin sensitivity in cells thereby helping to maintain normal blood sugar levels. cinnamon helps to reduce the blood cholesterol and triglyceride levels and thus prevents clot formation. See detailed benefits of cinnamon.
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have chai ka masala | chai powder | tea masala | ?
Yes, this recipe is good for diabetics, heart and weight loss. Cinnamon with its antioxidant power has the ability to reduce inflammation in the body and thus reduce the risk of various chronic diseases like heart disease, diabetes, cancer etc. Cinnamon since ages has been known to be beneficial for diabetics.
The mineral manganese in cardamom may help in the lower blood sugar levels and good for diabetics.
Can healthy individuals have Pechai ka masala | chai powder | tea masala | ?