Bread Kofta Curry Video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 19535 times
The bread koftas melt in your mouth while the flavour of the pumpkin curry lingers on your taste-buds, making you yearn for more...and more! this novel preparation is indeed a foolproof way to garner accolades from your friends and family. Serve immediately after adding the koftas.
Recipe Description for Bread Kofta Curry
- Remove the crust from all the bread slices.
- Crumble the bread slices in a bowl, add the curds, plain flour, besan, coriander, green chillies, baking soda and salt and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 20 equal portions and roll each portion into a small ball.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and deep-fry, a few koftas at a time, till they are golden brown in colour from both all sides. Drain on absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Combine the bottle gourd with 1 cup of water in a deep non-stick kadhai and cook on a medium flame for 8 to 10 minutes or till the bottle gourd is soft, while stirring occasionally.
- Allow the mixture to cool completely and blend in a mixer to a smooth paste. Keep aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a deep non-stick kadhai, add the potatoes and sauté on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes or till they are light brown in colour. Drain and keep aside.
- In the same kadhai, heat the remaining 1 tbsp of oil, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes or till they turn translucent.
- Add the turmeric powder, coriander-cumin seeds powder, chilli powder and 2 tbsp of water and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the fresh curds and tomato pulp, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the bottle gourd paste, ½ cup of water, salt, green peas and sautéed potatoes, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Just before serving, add the bread koftas, mix lightly and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately garnished with coriander.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.