by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 117 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 62866 times
Baghara Tamatar, cooked in the microwave this recipe is extremely simple and quick to make, just perfect when you are too lazy to cook or are short of other vegetables.
This subzi is made with a combination of chopped tomatoes and tomato pulp and tempered with a wide assortment of seeds and spice powders, which gives it a super peppy flavour and aroma too.
Enjoy this simple tasty dish with rotis or Parathas or just plain bread .
- Combine all the ingredients in a microwave-proof bowl and microwave on high for 3 minutes stirring once in between after every 1½ minutes.
- Remove, cool and grind to a powder in a mixer. Keep aside.
- Combine the oil, nigella seeds, mustard seeds and coriander seeds and microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Add the onions and curry leaves, mix well and microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Add the prepared powder, tomatoes, tomato pulp, turmeric powder, chilli powder, salt and 1 tablespoon water, mix well. Cover with a lid and microwave on high for 3 minutes.
- Serve hot with steamed rice or pulao.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||439.8 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1.9 mg|
|Vitamin C||31.3 mg|
|Folic Acid||35.8 mcg|
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.