Whole Grain Broccoli and Pinenut Salad
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 4374 times
A medley of whole grains teams up with exotic ingredients like pine nuts, blueberry, greens and veggies to give you a bowl full of excitement!
Berries and nuts complement each other fabulously to give a whole new exciting twist to the whole grains. This is boosted further by a totally mind-blowing dressing of herbs, spices, honey and lemon. Onions add an interesting crunch to the dressing while garlic gives a shade of pungency.
Serve the Whole Grain Broccoli and Pinenut Salad immediately after tossing in order to enjoy a fresh blast of flavours and a vibrant mix of textures.
Try other salads like the Quinoa Feta and Mixed Veg Salad or Barley Feta and Spinach Salad .
- Soak the whole wheat, barley and jowar in enough water in a deep bowl for 8 hours. Drain well.
- Combine the soaked whole wheat, barley and jowar and enough water in a pressure cooker and pressure cook for 5 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid. Keep aside to cool slightly.
- Combine the cooked whole wheat, barley , jowar, broccoli, pinenuts, frozen blueberries and arugula leaves in a deep bowl and mix gently.
- Add the dressing and toss well.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.