Vegetable Pasta in Tomato Sauce, Vegetable Penne Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 81 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 28180 times
Kids love Pasta , and get irritated when you forbid store-bought, fat-laden pasta treats! Instead of a blanket ban on pasta, use smart homemade versions as a means of including more nutritious ingredients in their diet. Here, we have made the Vegetable Pasta in Tomato Sauce with whole wheat penne rather than the usual refined flour ones. Plus, we have also reduced the amount of pasta by boosting the content of vibrant and nutri-dense veggies.
You will find that the whole wheat penne combines beautifully with the veggies and fresh tomato pulp, resulting in en exotic treat for the kids. Not only that, your children will benefit from the fibre and nutrients that the veggies bring to the table. Add 2 tbsp of grated cheese if needed. And, always keep in mind that this tasty treat should be enjoyed only occasionally and not everyday.
Vegetable Pasta can be a one dish meal , but if you want to round out the meal serve along with Carrot and Spinach Soup and Cheesy Bread Fingers .
- Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the capsicum and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the carrot and green peas and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the tomato pulp, chilli powder, sugar, salt and 2 tbsp of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the whole wheat penne, mix gently and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.