Cheesy Bread Fingers
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 49 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 15690 times
Scrumptious all the way through, these Cheesy Bread Fingers are a perfect accompaniment for soups. Bread, coated with a luscious topping of mustard flavoured cheese and butter, is toasted in an oven till the cheese melts and coats the crisp and crunchy toast. Indeed, you will enjoy this wonderful but easy-to-make accompaniment thoroughly. One thing you need to take care of, is that this cannot be made in advance and stored till soup-time. It has to be served soon after it is out of the oven.
- Combine the butter, cheese, mustard powder, salt and pepper in a bowl and mix very well.
- Divide the topping into 4 equal portions and keep aside.
- Place the bread slices on a dry, surface and spread a portion of the topping evenly over each bread slice.
- Sprinkle a little chilli powder over each bread slice.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 8 to 10 minutes or till the cheese melts and the toast is crisp.
- Cool slightly and cut each toast into 3 equal pieces vertically.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per finger
|Vitamin A||77.7 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0 mg|
|Vitamin C||0 mg|
|Folic Acid||0 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.