by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 56 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 12544 times
Sautéing desiccated coconut with sugar results in a crunchy topping that complements the pleasantly sour taste of thick curds.
In this luscious dessert, an assortment of tropical fruits is topped with a creamy curd mixture and garnished with the caramelised coconut mixture. A small dose of powdered sugar and a mild vanilla flavouring make the curd-cream mixture very pleasing to the taste buds.
Chop up your favourite fruits for this Desserts , to make the Tropical Ambrosia just perfect for you!
- Combine the desiccated coconut and sugar in a broad non-stick pan and roast over a slow flame for 2 minutes, while stirring conyinuously. Keep aside.
- Combine the thick curds, beaten whipped cream, powdered sugar and vanilla essence in a small bowl and whisk well. Keep refrigerated.
- Arrange half the fruits in a long stemmed glass.
- Top with the curd-cream mixture and sprinkle ½ of the desiccated coconut mixture on top.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 to make 1 more glass.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour and serve chilled.
- Desiccated coconut is best stored in the side compartment of the freezer in a ziploc bag or in an air-tight container. It retains its freshness, flavour and texture better this way, than in the refrigerator section.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per glass
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.