by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 211 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 48455 times
An indispensable part of many western dishes, this low calorie version of tomato gravy tastes great and is also rich in the anti-aging nutrient, vitamins A. Use this in recipes like, Indian Sizzler and Cabbage Rolls in Tomato Gravy.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick kadhai, add the onions and garlic and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 4 to 5 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside to cool.
- Once cooled, blend in a mixer till smooth.
- Transfer the mixture into the same deep non-stick kadhai , add the chilli powder, sugar and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Store in an air-tight container and use as required.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per cup
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.