by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 11 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 25572 times
This recipe, which is more like a home-made tomato puree, is handy not just to make sauces but also for gravies or fillings
- Boil a vesselful of water.
- Scoop out and discard the eyes of the tomatoes using the tip of a sharp knife.
- Make a criss-cross cuts at the base of each tomato.
- Immerse the tomatoes in boiling water for 5 to 6 minutes.
- Remove and put in cold water for some time.
- When the tomatoes are cool, peel and discard the skin.
- Chop roughly and blend to a smooth purée in a blender. Use it as per the recipe.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||1684.8 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.6 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.3 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1.9 mg|
|Vitamin C||129.6 mg|
|Folic Acid||144 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.