Thai Mushrooms and Spinach Clear Soup
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 30 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 34906 times
Thai soups are either coconut-milk based or thin and clear flavoured with lemon grass and pepper. This thin clear soup is well-endowed with taste as well as therapeutic properties-especially if you have a cold or a sore throat.
Soya sauce, garlic, and pepper add a nice tarty flavour making it an ideal soup to soothe your bad throat. If you are serving a Thai -based meal, begin with this thin soup dotted with paneer and vegetables, and your family will enjoy it.
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep pan 6 cups of water and mix well.
- Simmer for approx. 20 minutes or till they release flavour.
- Strain using a strainer. Keep the stock aside and discard the vegetables.
- Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the spring onions and garlic and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the mushrooms, coriander, spinach, bean sprouts and baby corn and sauté on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the paneer, thai vegetable stock, soy sauce and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 4 to 5 minutes ,while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||533.1 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.3 mg|
|Vitamin C||6 mg|
|Folic Acid||10.3 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.