Stuffed Onion Cups
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 13 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 12045 times
A distinctive kind of baked dish where onion shells are baked with a rich mixture of rice, paneer and Cashewnuts.
- Peel the onions, trim off the roots and top and cut into halves.
- Separate the outer layer of the onion halves from the smaller central layers and discard the latter. Keep the outer halves aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan add the tomatoes and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add all the remaining ingredients and sauté for 5 to 6 more minutes.
- Stuff the onion halves with the above mixture and top with the cheese.
- Arrange the onion cups on a greased baking dish and bake in a pre-heated hot oven at 200ºC (400ºF) for 8 to 10 minutes or till the cheese melts.
- Serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.