Spinach and Bean Pizza
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 19 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 14820 times
Although it requires the preparation of two toppings and a spot of thoughtful arrangement, the Spinach and Bean Pizza is totally worth the little time and effort spent on it. The baked beans with their quintessential sweet and sour flavour complement the creamy spinach topping very well, making this pizza a balanced meal and a tasty treat. By using canned baked beans, this recipe can be made quicker.
- Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the green chilli paste and spinach,and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the white sauce and a little salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Divide the topping into 4 equal portions and keep aisde.
- Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the baked beans, tomato ketchup, sugar, chilli powder and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
- Divide into 4 equal portions and keep aside.
- Place 2 pizza base on a clean, dry surface, spread a portion of the spinach white-sauce topping and a portion of the bean topping over each pizza base.
- Finally sprinkle ¼ cup of cheese evenly over each base.
- Place 2 pizza bases on a greased baking tray and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Repeat steps 1 to 3 to make 2 more pizzas.
- Cut into equal wedges and serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.