by Tarla Dalal
Added to 72 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 36208 times
A fiery combination of spices, dominated by the exclusive taste of poppy seeds, cumin seeds and dry coconut, adds a special touch to this dish.
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil on a non-stick tava (griddle), add the onions and dry coconut and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Transfer the mixture into a plate and keep aside.
- In the same non-stick tava (griddle), heat the remaining 1 tbsp of oil and add the coriander seeds, cumin seeds, poppy seeds, cloves, cinnamon and peppercorns, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the red chillies and sauté on a medium flame for another 30 seconds.
- Add the bayleaf and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Transfer the mixture in the same plate of onions and add the garlic cloves.
- Blend the mixture in a mixer to a fine paste using little water. Keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a kadhai, add the potatoes and salt and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the prepared paste, tomato pulp, ¼ cup of water and a little more salt, mix well and cook on a slow flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Garnish with coriander and serve hot with rotis or parathas.
Spicy Potato Video by Tarla Dalal
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||326.1 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1.6 mg|
|Vitamin C||33.8 mg|
|Folic Acid||35.5 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.