Shortcrust Pastry, Basic Eggless Shortcrust Pastry
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 8 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 7402 times
These crusts are the base for most pastry and pie recipes. The crust is first baked and then the filling is added, to make various pies.
While making crusts, take care not to knead the dough too much as the crumbly texture will be lost and you will end-up with a bread-like texture.
We have used this crust to make Vegetable Stew On A Shortcrust Pastry and Mixed Vegetable Pie .
- Sieve the flour. Add the butter and salt and rub in with your fingertips.
- Add about 1 tbsp of ice-cold water to make a dough
- Roll out the dough to about 3 mm. Thickness.
- Arrange the rolled out dough in a greased 150 mm. (6”) diameter pie dish.
- Press the dough into pie dish and prick with a fork on the bottom and sides.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 15 minutes.
- Do not remove from pie dish. Use as required.
- Use the crust with the pie dish on as the crust needs to be baked again after putting the topping.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per pastry (6”)
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.