Ravioli with Spinach and Cheese in White Sauce
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 77 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 22037 times
A traditional treat from the mind-blowing cuisine of Italy, Ravioli is a type of dumpling made of plain flour dough, stuffed with cheesy mixtures, and cooked in boiling water. In this case, the Ravioli is stuffed with cheesy, garlic-flavoured spinach.
The cooked Ravioli is then topped with white sauce and cheese, seasoned with chilli flakes, and baked till the topping melts and coats the Ravioli. The outcome is too awesome to describe. Try the recipe, to experience the magic for yourself.
Ravioli can be a meal in itself, but if you wish, serve it with side dishes like Neapolitan Potato Salad and Tomato and Basil Bruschetta .
- Combine the plain flour, butter and salt in a deep bowl and knead into a soft dough using enough cold water. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the garlic and green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the spinach, salt and pepper, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Switch off the flame, add the cheese and mix well. Keep aside.
- Divide the spinach and cheese stuffing into 12 equal portions. Keep aside.
- Divide the dough into 24 equal portions.
- Roll 2 portions of the dough each into 75 mm. (3”) diameter circle using a little plain flour for rolling.
- Place a portion of the rolled dough circle on a clean, dry surface and place a portion of the spinach and cheese stuffing evenly over it. Cover it with another rolled dough circle and press it gently all over the circumference using a fork.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 to make 11 more raviolis.
- Boil enough water, oil and salt in a deep non-stick pan, add 3 raviolis to it and cook on a medium flame for 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Drain and keep aside.
- Repeat step 6 to cook 9 more raviolis in 3 more batches.
- Pour ½ cup of white sauce in a baking dish and spread it evenly.
- Place all the raviolis and pour the remaining 1½ cups of white sauce evenly over it. Finally sprinkle the cheese and chilli flakes evenly over it.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200ºc (400ºf) for 15 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||1759.5 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.9 mg|
|Vitamin C||8.2 mg|
|Folic Acid||34.1 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.