Queen Of Puddings, Bread Pudding with Meringue
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 163 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 22791 times
The name says it all – this is indeed the Queen of Puddings. A luscious pudding of milk, eggs and bread is perked up with a peppy layer of citrusy ingredients like orange marmalade and lemon zest.
A layer of meringue goes atop this before baking, to make a totally irresistible dessert that is to be served warm and fresh.
- Separate the eggs in 2 separate bowls. Keep aside.
- Combine the milk and butter in a deep non-stick pan, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Transfer the mixture into a deep bowl, add the fresh bread crumbs and mix well.
- Add the sugar, lemon zest and raisins and mix well. Keep aside to cool slightly.
- Once slightly cooled, add the egg yolk and mix gently.
- Transfer the mixture into a baking dish, cover with a lid and keep aside for 30 minutes.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180ºc (360ºf) for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, beat the egg whites and powdered sugar till soft peaks form to get a meringue mixture.
- Spread the orange marmalade evenly over the baked mixture.
- Finally spread the meringue mixture evenly over it.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180ºc (360ºf) for 15 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.