Potato Pops, Mashed Potato Tikki
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 468 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 106634 times
Unique presentation and fabulous flavour make the Potato Pops a great hit with people of all age groups, whether you serve it as a starter, as a cocktail accompaniment or as an after-school snack!
‘Pops’ or tiny tikkis are made with mashed, spiced potatoes and stuffed with cheese, before attaching a breadstick ‘handle’ to each pop! This lovely tidbit is then cooked on a tava till it is crisp on all sides. The outcome is a five-starrer, which attracts everyone with its dainty appearance and peppy flavour.
- Combine all the ingredients, except the bread sticks and the cheese cubes in a deep bowl and mix well using your hands.
- Divide the mixture into 8 equal portions.
- Take a portion of the mixture and flatten it slightly between your palms.
- Place a cheese cube in the centre and bring all the sides together in the centre, seal it properly and again flatten it lightly.
- Insert a bread stick from one side towards the centre and again seal it properly as seen in the below image.
- Repeat steps 3 to 5 to make 7 more potato pops.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle), grease it with oil and place 4 potato pops over it. Cook it with oil till it turns golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Repeat step 7 to cook the remaining 4 potato pops in one more batch.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||130.4 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.3 mg|
|Vitamin C||3.1 mg|
|Folic Acid||2.4 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.