Paruppu Usili, Beans Paruppu Usili
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 8 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 16286 times
- Clean, wash and soak the toovar dal in enough water for 10 to 15 minutes. Drain and keep aside.
- Add the red chillies, asafoetida, little salt and 2 tbsp of water and blend in a mixer to neither too coarse nor too fine paste. Keep aside.
- Combine the french beans, little salt and 1 cup of water, mix well and cover and cook on a medium flame till done, stirring once in between. Drain excess water if any and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the urad dal and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds, while stirring continuously.
- Add the prepared paste and 1 cup of water, mix well and cover and cook on a slow flame till the dal is cooked, while stirring once in between.
- Add the french beans and coconut, mix gently and cook on a slow flame for another 4 to 5 minutes. Serve hot garnished with curry leaves.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||100.5 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin C||12 mg|
|Folic Acid||25.7 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.