Orange Ice Cream
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 62 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 32065 times
Refresh your senses with this tangy Orange Ice-Cream, which is also unbelievably easy to make. Leaving aside the setting time, this recipe takes just about nine minutes to make.
The balance of milky and tangy flavours is ideal, which makes this ice-cream very appealing to the palate. Try it once and it will become one of your no-fuss favourites, with its luscious texture and absolutely heavenly flavour.
Orange and chocolate flavours complement each other, so when the Orange Ice Cream is served topped with some Chocolate Sauce and crunchy chopped walnuts the treat is just divine.
- Combine the cornflour with ½ cup of milk and keep aside.
- Heat the remaining 2 cups of milk in a deep non-stick pan, add the sugar, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 5 minutes ,while stirring occasionally.
- Add the cornflour-milk mixture, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 4 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Cool completely, add the tang, fresh cream and orange essence and mix very well using a whisk.
- Pour the mixture into a shallow aluminium container. Cover with an aluminium foil and freeze for 6 hours or till semi-set.
- Pour the mixture into a mixer and blend till smooth.
- Transfer the mixture back into the same aluminium shallow container. Cover with an aluminium foil and freeze for approx. 10 hours or till set.
- Scoop and serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.