by Tarla Dalal
4/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 7 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 10203 times
A Lebanese khichadi flavoured with whole garam masalas. Rose water and milk add richness to the preparation.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and deep-fry the onion slices on a medium flame till they are golden brown. Drain on absorbent paper and keep aside for the garnish.
- Clean, wash and soak the rice and masoor dal separately for 10 minutes. Drain and keep aside.
- Put 4 cups of water to boil.
- Heat the ghee in a broad pan, add the onions and garlic and sauté till the onions are translucent.
- Add the rice and masoor dal and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add the hot water and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add all the remaining ingredients, except the fried onions, cover with a lid and cook till the rice and dal are done.
- Remove the cinnamon and cloves and discard them.
- Separate each grain of rice lightly with a fork.
- Serve hot garnished with fried onions.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.