Low Salt High Fiber Multigrain Bread
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 11 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 17241 times
Bread is one of the first snacks we think of on a busy day – or even otherwise! However, those with high blood pressure have to refrain from having bread because of the fear of refined flour and too much salt.
Here is a healthier option with a restricted amount of salt and a combination of wholesome flours and seeds. While the mix of flours makes the Low-Salt High-Fibre Multi-Grain Bread a treasure trove of B-vitamins, the use of flax and other seeds adds to the fibre content.
Despite being nutritious, we suggest you only have this bread occasionally, and not more than two slices per serving.
You can also try other snacks like the Mini Carrot and Cabbage Buckwheat Pancake and Seviyan Upma .
- Combine the yeast, sugar and ¼ cup of warm water in a bowl and mix well. Cover it with a lid and keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Combine all the remaining ingredients along with the yeast-sugar mixture in a deep bowl, mix well and knead into a loose sticky dough using approx. 1½ cups of warm water.
- Place the dough in a greased bread loaf tin of 200 mm. (8”). Wet your fingers and press the dough lightly to spread it evenly.
- Sprinkle the prepared topping evenly over it, cover it with a dry muslin cloth and keep aside in a warm place for 30 minutes.
- Bake it in a pre-heated oven at 210°c (420°f) for 20 minutes.
- Lower the temperature to 160°c (320°f) and bake it for 10 minutes. Keep aside to cool slightly.
- Once the bread loaf has cooled slightly, de-mould it and cut it into 13 mm. (½“) bread slices.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per slice
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.