Lahsuni Bhindi, Garlic Bhindi Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 4081 times
A quick and easy recipe with bhindi that can be made on any day for lunch or dinner , the Lahsuni Bhindi as the name suggests stands out because of the distinct flavour of garlic.
Onion, green chillies and common spice powders further contribute to the dynamic taste of this dish. You can enjoy it with any Indian bread or with rice and dal .
Try other bhindi recipes like Dahi Bhindi ki Subji or Stir Fried Bhindi with Peanuts .
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the garlic and green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, dry mango powder, garam masala, asafoetida and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the bhindi, mix gently and cook on a medium flame for 10 minutes ,while tossing it occasionally.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.