Labneh with Crispy Vegetables
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 127 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 16189 times
The Labneh is a delicious dip made of thick curd and fresh cream that is mixed in with pounded sesame, garlic, salt and olive oil. Vegetables are sliced well, mixed in with cornflour and salt and deep-fried and served fresh with the Labneh, for a great starter!
- Pound the sesame seeds and olive oil in a mortar and pestle to a paste.
- Add all the remaining ingredients and whisk well.
- Refrigerate to chill.
- Heat the oil in a wok or a kadai.
- Spread ¼ cup of sliced vegetables on a flat plate.
- Sprinkle some cornflour and salt over it and mix well.
- Deep-fry in hot oil till crisp and golden brown.
- Repeat for all the vegetables. Drain on absorbent paper and serve immediately with the chilled labneh.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||453.2 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.4 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.3 mg|
|Vitamin B3||2.5 mg|
|Vitamin C||11.3 mg|
|Folic Acid||64 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.