Kesar Kulfi Falooda
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 458 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 179118 times
Rich creamy kulfi topped with falooda and rose syrup is a dessert which finds a place at every Indian buffet counter. Kulfi is our very own Indian ice-cream made from thickened and reduced milk flavoured with saffron and cardamom.
Falooda is fresh cornflour "sev" (vermicelli). Kulfi falooda are almost synonymous and make perfect dessert mates. You will find ready dried falooda in the market which has to be rehydrated before use. But of course, nothing is as good as making it yourself!
- Combine the saffron and warm milk in a small bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Combine the cornflour and ¼ cup of milk in a bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Heat the remaining milk in a deep non-stick pan and boil on a medium flame for 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the cornflour-milk mixture and sugar, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 20 minutes, while stirring continuously and scrapping the sides.
- Switch off the flame and allow the mixture to cool completely.
- Once cooled, add the saffron-milk mixture and cardamom powder and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into 4 kulfi moulds and freeze overnight.
- To unmould, rub a kulfi mould in between your palms for 1 to 2 minutes and then unmould it with the help of a fork.
- Cut a kulfi into 6 equal portions.
- Pour 1 tbsp of rose syrup in a serving glass and add ¼ cup falooda sev over it.
- Arrange the kulfi pieces evenly over the falooda sev.
- Drizzle a little rose syrup and top it with 1 tbsp mixed nuts.
- Repeat steps 1 to 5 to make 3 more kulfi falooda.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.