by Tarla Dalal
Added to 40 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 31854 times
Churma is a word that has become synonymous with Rajasthani cuisine. Jaripalla Churma is a richer version of the regular churma, claimed to be influenced heavily by Marwari style of cooking with lavish ingredients like dry fruits, saffron and khoya. A combination of flours deep-fried in ghee gives this churma a very intense mouth-feel and flavour that linger in the mouth after every spoonful. This soul pampering sweet is reserved for special occasions like weddings and festivals like Krishna Janmashtami.
- Combine the whole wheat flour, besan, semolina, 1½ tablespoons of ghee and 3 tbsp of water and knead into a stiff dough.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal portions and shape each portion into the shape of your fist and press with your fingers in the centre of each portion to make an indentation. We have shot look and do and kept
- Heat the ghee in a deep non-stick kadhai and deep-fry the dough portions on a medium flame for 10 minutes or till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides.
- Drain on an absorbent paper and allow them to cool.
- Once cooled, bread them into small pieces and blend in a mixer to a smooth churma. Keep aside.
- Heat a broad non-stick pan ,add the khoya and cook on a slow flame for 5 to 7 minutes, while stirring continuously. Keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a deep non-stick kadhai, add the edible gum deep-fry on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Drain on an absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Combine the fried edible gum, cooked khoya, churma and all the remaining ingredients in a deep bowl and mix very well.
- Serve immediately with dal baati or store in an air-tight container.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per cup
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.