Grilled Curry Rice
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 40 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 20387 times
An aromatic rice preparation steamed in a banana leaf. This is a perfect meal to go with all the great starters that you make on your barbeque.
- Combine the coconut milk and red curry paste in a broad non-stick pan, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring continuously.
- Add the mixed vegetables, lemon rind, and basil leaves, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the rice and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Spoon this flavoured rice onto the centre of a banana leaf (kitchen foil can be used as substitute).
- Fold the leaf into a square packets and tie using a string. Grill on a charcoal grill or an electric barbeque turning over from time to time until steam comes out.
- Serve hot.
- This recipe makes good use of left-over rice.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.