Four Cheese Pizza
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 262 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 36676 times
This homemade Four Cheese Pizza poses stiff competition to popular store-bought variants like ‘cheese burst’ and ‘cheese overload’. This pizza is made from the ground up – we are going to make everything from the dough to the base and the toppings ourselves – and that is what gives it a totally fabulous texture and flavour.
Herby seasonings add a lot of punch to this cheesy pizza, which is topped with four delectable varieties of cheese and tomatoes. An abundance of cheese also means that this pizza must be enjoyed as soon as it is baked, before the cheese gets chewy, so be ready with your fork and knife!
To enhance your pizza meal pair it with a glass of your favourite beverage.
- Combine the yeast, sugar and 2 tbsp of warm water in a bowl, mix well and cover with a lid and keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Combine the plain flour, yeast-sugar mixture, 1 tsp of olive oil and salt in a deep bowl and knead into a soft dough using enough water.
- Cover the dough with a damp muslin cloth and keep aside for 1 hour.
- Press the dough lightly to remove the air, add the remaining 1/2 tsp of olive oil and knead again.
- Divide the dough into 2 equal portions.
- Roll a portion of the dough into a 200 mm. (8”) diameter circle using a little plain flour for rolling.
- Spread 3 tbsp of cheese spread evenly over it.
- Fold the sides of the rolled dough inwards by 1/2” and press it lightly.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup of mozzarella cheese, 1/4 cup of yellow cheddar cheese and 1/4 cup of processed cheese evenly over it.
- Place 4 tomato slices, 1 tbsp of basil and finally sprinkle 1/2 tsp dried mixed herbs and 1 tsp of chilli flakes evenly over it.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 15 minutes.
- Repeat steps 6 to 11 to make 1 more pizza.
- Drizzle olive oil evenly over each pizza and serve immediately
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.