Fatless Vanilla Sponge Cake Using Eggs
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 22 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 13617 times
Well, this is the age of the diet-conscious, but that doesn’t mean you need to miss out on the delight of cakes and bakes! here is a fatless vanilla cake recipe to start with.
- Sieve the flour. Keep aside.
- Beat the eggs and sugar in a deep bowl very well until thick and double in quantity using an electric beater.
- Add the vanilla essence and mix lightly.
- Fold in the well-sieved flour carefully and mix gently with a spatula.
- Pour the batter into a greased and dusted 175 mm. (7”) diameter tin.
- Bake in a hot oven at 200°c (400°f) for 20 to 25 minutes.
- The cake is ready when it leaves the sides of the tin and is springy to touch.
- Take out from the oven and leave for 1 minute. Loosen the sides with a knife, invert the tin over a rack and tap sharply to remove.
- 9. Keep aside to cool and use as required.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.