Dhabey ki Dal , Dhaba Dal Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 348 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 66823 times
Let’s recreate the highway dhaba magic right in our own kitchens, with this tasty and satiating dal.
In Dhabey ki Dal, rajma, urad and chana dals are cooked well and flavoured with sautéed onions, garlic, tomatoes and spice powders. Herbs like coriander and dried fenugreek leaves add a tasty punch to this delicious dal, which makes a wholesome meal together with Rotis and Rice .
- Clean, wash and soak the urad dal, chana dal and rajma in a deep bowl with enough water for at least 8 hours. Drain well.
- Combine the drained dals, rajma, salt and 4 cups of water in a pressure cooker and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the garlic, onions and green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, chilli powder, cumin seeds powder and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the cooked dal along with the water and coriander, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 5 minutes ,while stirring occasionally.
- Add the dried fenugreek leaves and mix well.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||1179.4 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.8 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.4 mg|
|Vitamin B3||3.7 mg|
|Vitamin C||65.2 mg|
|Folic Acid||215.5 mcg|
RECIPE SOURCE : Dals
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.