Curried Corn Open Roll
by Tarla Dalal
4/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 26 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 14841 times
An innovative filling of curried sweet corn bound together by milk thickened with bread, adds immense value to simple hot dog rolls.
Baked with a topping of cheese, the Curried Corn Open Roll is a visual treat, perfect to be served at garden parties.
It is interesting to note that the bread scooped out from the middle of the hot dog rolls is being used to thicken the corn filling, thereby imparting a wonderful texture to it and also avoiding wastage!
- Scoop out the centre of each hot dog roll and keep the scooped bread aside.
- Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions and the prepared paste and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, green chillies and curry powder, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the sweet corn, milk, salt and ¼ cup of scooped bread, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Divide the filling into 4 equal portions and keep aside.
- Brush each scooped hot dog roll halve with melted butter, place them on a greased baking tray and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 5 minutes.
- Stuff a portion of the curried corn filling into each baked hot dog roll halve and top it with a few pieces of cheese over it.
- Place the stuffed hot dog roll halves on a greased baking tray and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for another 10 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
- Blend the remaining scopped bread in a mixer to make fresh bread crumbs. Store refrigerated in an air-tight container and use as required.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per open roll
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.