Crunchy Walnut Squares
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 110 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 14357 times
A tempting golden colour and the inviting aroma of caramelised sugar ensure that a kid will pick the Crunchy Walnut Squares. And, once it has been tasted, there is simply no going back! Crisp butter cookies topped with a chewy walnut butterscotch mixture and baked to perfection, this sweet treat is so delicious that no words can do justice to it.
- Cream the butter and castor sugar in a deep bowl and mix well till light and fluffy.
- Add the plain flour and knead gently into a soft dough, without using any water.
- Flatten the dough into a 5” by 9” baking tray and spread the dough evenly using your palm.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes or till firm.
- Prick it with a fork at regular intervals and bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°c (360°f) for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and keep aside.
- Combine all the ingredients in a broad non-stick pan and cook on a slow flame for 4 to 5 minutes, while stirring continuously. Keep aside.
- Pour the topping mixture over the baked crust and spread it evenly using a spoon.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven. Allow it to cool completely and cut into square.
- Store in an air-tight container.
Nutrient values per square
|Vitamin A||245.4 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin C||0.1 mg|
|Folic Acid||0.2 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.