Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice - Cream
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 151 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 29781 times
Serve this Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice-Cream to your kids and their friends when they come home for a chat, and you are sure to strengthen your ‘dream mom’ image! Made with crushed chocolate chip cookies, grated dark chocolate and milk, this lusciously creamy ice-cream breathes chocolate through and through. The use of dark chocolate moderates the sweetness of this ice-cream, making it appeal to elders too.
- Combine the cornflour in ¼ cup of milk in a small bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Heat the remaining 2¼ cups of milk in a deep non-stick pan, and allow it to boil on a medium flame for 7 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the sugar and the cornflour-milk mixture, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 4 to 5 minutes, while stirring continuously. Cool completely.
- Once cooled, add the fresh cream and vanilla essence and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into a shallow aluminium container. Cover with an aluminium foil and freeze for 6 hours or till semi-set.
- Pour the mixture into a mixer and blend till smooth.
- Add the coarsely crushed chocolate chip cookies and dark chocolate and mix well.
- Transfer the mixture back into the same aluminium shallow container. Cover with an aluminium foil and freeze for approx. 10 hours or till set.
- Scoop and serve.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.