Cheesy Chocolate and Fruit Cake
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 147 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 27538 times
Light and fluffy, it tastes delicious with orange sauce. It is also easy to prepare.
- Mix the biscuits and butter and press the mixture evenly into a 175 or 200 mm. diameter loose bottom cake tin.
- Place in the refrigerator until firm.
- Beat the cream with the sugar until thick. Keep aside half the sweetened cream for decoration.
- Mix the gelatin in 1/2 teacup of cold water and warm on a slow flame until it dissolves.
- Mix the gelatin, curds and half the sweetened cream and add to the ice-cream.
- Place the vessel over warm water and stir until it beocmes a smooth sauce.
- Pour the above filling over the biscuit crust and put in the refrigerator until set.
- Put the chocolate pieces in a small vessel. Place this vessel over boiling water and stir until the chocolate has melted. Add a little water, if needed.
- Remove the cake from the tin, spread the melted chocolate, pipe the balance sweetened cream in the centre and decorate with orange segments and cherries.
- Serve hot.
- Do not store in the ice compartment of the refrigerator.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.