Added to 181 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 69540 times
Health and taste in one package! Don't eliminate burgers as unhealthy... give this healthy version a chance. Made using whole wheat burger buns and tikkis made with broken wheat, these provide loads of protein and calcium.
- Combine all the ingredients together in a bowl and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 6 equal portions and shape each portion into an even sized round and flatten the rounds to make tikkis.
- Heat a non-stick pan and cook each tikki using ½ tsp oil until both sides are golden brown in colour. Keep aside.
- Cut each burger bun horizontally into two and toast them lightly in an oven or on a tava (griddle).
- On the lower half of each bun spread 1 tsp of the tomato ketchup and place 2 lettuce leaves over it.
- Place a few onion slices, cucumber slices, tomato slices and sprinkle a little salt over it.
- Finally place 1 slice of cheese and 1 tikki cover with the remaining half of the bun and press it lightly.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make 5 more burgers.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.